Monday 11 August 2008

Install Adobe Flash player

Now that the trusted Synaptic had failed me, so I went ahead to install Flash plugin myself.
I went to the Adobe Flash for Linux site and downloaded the Flash Player tar.gz file. The file got downloaded to my Desktop.
From then the installation was as simple as these steps.

1. Open terminal. Applications->Accessories->Terminal
2. Change directory to Dektop by running the command "cd Desktop", without the quotes.
3. run the command "tar zxvf install_flash_player_9_linux.tar.gz".
4. This will create a folder/directory called "install_flash_player_9_linux".
5. "cd install_flash_player_9_linux".
6. Finally run the installer "./flashplayer-installer".

The installer will ask to close any running instance of Firefox and will install the Flash plugin.
You may verify the plugin by againg starting Firefox and typing "about:plugins" in the address bar

No comments: